Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 1 - Awesomeness!

Hey everyone!!! I am now here in Israel! I haven't slept really since  It's a little past 10:30pm (Israel time) right now. I'm still up because 1) I'm trying to make sure jet lag doesn't last too long, 2) I'm working on my blog!!!, and 3) I'm not really that tired yet! Hehehe... some of the girls are assuring me that as soon as my head hits the pillow that I'll fall asleep. I certainly don't doubt them, so I won't "hit the pillow" until I'm done with this update!  :D


Soooo.... my flights were awesome! (security... not so much... I hate strip searches!!!!!!) But during my layover in LAX (Las Angeles), I got to play the guitar for two hours and then hang out with the Olivers for a bit! What fun! :D



Sooo... yeah. I'm really enjoying myself so far! We got all moved in this afternoon (2:00 AM your time), and after we went grocery shopping (interesting to do for my first time on my own!) and ate dinner, we went on a mini tour of the Western wall and now I'm really really excited to see what we get to learn this semester! 



Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of where we are staying... as for now, it's time for this jet-lagged college girl to get some sleep!!! Hope the adrenaline allows me to do so! Bye!! :D 
V

p.s. I thought of you home fellowship people while I was on my plane. During the time that you were having your group, I was over the Great Lakes!!! :D

8 comments:

  1. They strip searched you? Security stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaahhhh... let's just say that it was really really not pleasant. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Victoria!!!
    Oh wow...I didn't know they did that... :P (was it because you were flying internationally??)
    It's awesome to read your posts! I'm glad you're having a great time! Missed ya in church today though... :( When do your classes start?? Thanks for keeping us updated! Blessings!
    <3! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danielle! Yes, it's because I was flying internationally. Plus, EL AL airlines (the Israel airline) is really tight with their security. My classes start tomorrow (Tuesday). Today is our orientation so I'm looking forward to learning everything that I need to know today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria! Ugg...sorry about that security thing...but I'm glad you had a good flight (I prayed for you)! Did you have any african american librarians sitting with you on the plane (raising eyebrows)?
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. to Beth: ummm... no. Dayna sat by me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha ok just making sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey sorry about that strip search v but it was nice eating lunch with you love ya cass

    ReplyDelete