Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 73 - Shevet Achim



This morning was so fun! I was a little apprehensive about going to Shevet Achim again just because I wasn't all the way awake, but we had the most blessed time. Lu Wing and his amazing wife Pam came along with us. During the morning devo at Shevet, they were super enjoyable additions to the discussion! I was so blessed by just that alone. Then, I got assigned to help cook lunch in the kitchen. The three other ladies that were in there were all moms of kids who are here to get their heart surgeries. (If you don't remember what Shevet Achim is all about, you can read my previous post Shevet Achim.) But anyways, Tanner and I helped make the salad, and then after we were waiting for the food to cook, I just stood with the ladies in the kitchen. One of them (a super sweet lady!) stood next to me by the stove and she started teaching me the words for the different foods that we were cooking. They spoke Kurtish. It's a pretty obscure language that is spoken in Gaza and Iran and places like that. :) It was so much fun to learn a new language! But anyways, I had a very enjoyable morning doing that. (Oh yeah! And the lunch that we made was quite yummy!) Sffa! (that means thank you in Kurtish)

Love,
V


No comments:

Post a Comment