Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 44 - Loving Israel

Hey guys,

Sorry that I have not been too consistent with updating my blog. I'll try harder to do so from now on. Anyways, we have just finished our second block of the life of Christ classes. It was really nice. Mr. Doug Search taught this block. Now, this week is our travel week. We get chances to go all around Israel and explore without any school to do this week (except for those lovely chuck tracks).

I went to John the Baptist's church yesterday with Dean and Tori. Sadly, the place was closed, but it had such a lovely little courtyard there that felt nice and secluded from the city. So we stopped there and had a fun little picnic! I love how different this city is. There are little gems all over the place, you just have to get out and find them. It's pretty interesting to see it. It is not just handed to you on a little platter, you have to either know where to go or you have to seek out these places.



So yeah... Israel is just plain amazing. The longer that I am here, the harder it is to describe what life is like here and what my impressions of it all are. The longer I'm here, the less words that are even available to my mind to say about this place.



The farmers market (the shook) is very very crowded... if you are claustrophobic, then just don't go there. The buses will take you pretty much anywhere in Jerusalem for about 6 1/2 sheckles. Falafel is quite yummy, just make sure that you are specific on the extra stuff that is put on it. You don't have to let them put all the cucumbers on it!!! Oh yeah... and last little tidbit for tonight, don't flush the toilet paper!

Love,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment